Vitex agnus-castus is found in many countries, and it has many names, including chaste tree, chasteberry, Abraham’s balm and lilac chastetree. Vitex agnus-castus contains important and beneficial chemical elements for the human body.
- Helps in regularizing the menstrual period in addition to relieving the symptoms and pain of the menstrual period
- It is also useful in balancing hormones in the body
- It helps in childbirth as it facilitates childbirth in the last week of pregnancy, but it must be taken about a week before giving birth
- Relieves flatulence
- Useful as an anti-inflammatory
- Relieves nervous tension
- Kills microbes and germs in the body
It contain flavonols; stigmasterol, cholesterol, campesterol, beta-sitosterol, cytacose, ravenor, sucrose, fructose, galactose, glucose, amino acids, alkaloids, and siliciculate.